Savin Rock Communities’s goal is to provide decent, safe, and sanitary rental housing for eligible seniors, families and individuals and provide opportunities, promote self-sufficiency and economic independence for Savin Rock Communities participants. In order to achieve this mission, SRC will:
Provide the Public Housing Authority (PHA) management, service delivery efforts through effective and efficient management of PHA staff.
Seek problem-solving partnerships with residents, landlords, community, and government leadership.
Provide the opportunity for economically disadvantaged families and elderly individuals to gain entry into the private housing market by giving them parity with moderate income families competing within the same market by making them, for all intents and purposes financially equal.
Administer the program in a fair and impartial manner on an equal opportunity basis for all.
For routine calls to schedule general apartment repair appointments and emergency work orders please call (203) 934-8671 and select Prompt 1
The following are considered emergencies:
- Heat and hot water issues
- Electrical issues
- Flood/burst/broken pipe
- Plumbing issues
- Smoke detectors
- Appliances not working
- Smoke detectors must not be tampered with and batteries replaced when beeping.
GFI outlets must be operational.
- Wires, especially from cable installations, are potential tripping hazards and should not clutter passageways, or hang low enough to be a potential choking hazard for young children.
- Furniture or large objects should not block exits and windows. Doors and windows must always be operational. In the event of an emergency requiring an evacuation of the premises, all doors and low floor windows may be needed on escape routes.
- Stoves should be properly connected and not emit a smell of gas. The burners should be cleared of grease and debris.
Be sure registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators aren’t blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes. Turn off the fuel supply and electrical before servicing. Remove and store window air conditioning units. Report drafts around windows, doors, or pipes through walls. Simple caulking and weather stripping can save up to 30% on heating and cooling costs.